Apex Capital and Best Companies in Texas: How it all Started
In 2007, a dozen years after Apex Capital opened its doors to help small to medium-size trucking companies optimize cash flow with full-service factoring, company founders David Baker and Dean Tetirick championed Apex’s involvement in the Best Companies to Work for in Texas program. With only one exception, we missed the participation deadline in 2008, Apex has a long history with the statewide ranking. Here is how it all started.
- 2007 – Our first ranking in the Best Companies to Work for in Texas list was No. 11.
- 2008 – No ranking as we missed the entry deadline. We were busy establishing the Apex Fuel Card program, including creating the handy Apex Fuel Finder.
- 2009 – We landed at No. 10, our first Top 10 ranking.
The Next Four Years: Is Apex a Hit Record?
The next four years kept us hovering somewhere in the Top 20, which also featured a couple of Top 10 slots. Over here at Apex, we were starting to feel like a hit record.
- 2010 – We cruised up to No. 9.
- 2011 – And then we hopped to No. 7
- 2012 – Back to No. 10.
- 2013 – This year we hit No. 18.
Knee Deep in the Teens: Developing Tools and Services
Apex is now knee deep in the teens with the Best Companies to Work for in Texas program. During this phase, we also spent a lot of time developing tools and services to better help our clients grow their trucking companies.
The Latest Four Best Companies Years: Redefining Modern-Day Factoring
Which brings us to the latest four Best Companies to Work for in Texas years, which also proved fruitful for us in redefining modern-day factoring for our clients so they can stay competitive in today’s digital trucking industry.
- 2018 – We ranked No. 11. We also took home the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics. We are proud.
- 2019 – Here we are at No. 16.
- 2020 – Again at No. 16. Our new digital payment system, blynk®, made its debut.
- 2021 – We landed at No. 11. But that’s not all. We launched 24/7 Factoring, which we like to call factoring unplugged, and TCS introduced Cardless Fueling in partnership with TA®, Petro Stopping Centers®, and TA Express®. This is how we make sure trucking keeps moving into the digital age.
Do you want to work at a company with a great culture that values you? Are you looking for more than just a job in Fort Worth, but a career that allows you to grow and develop personally as well as professionally? Check out our job openings!